Sunday, January 10, 2010

Flatbread Company Fundraiser

I am not lucky. My sister is, though. She's the kind of person who finds $20 in her old coats. I am the one who loses $20 because I have a hole in my old coat. But this time, I was lucky.
Starting to get a bit more panicky about my fundraising, I decided to get my butt in gear. (or as I have been known to say, "get on the mother.") I went to Margaritas to discuss having one of their "Blue Moon Madness" fundraising events, but I guess I needed to be a visionary and booked this ahead of time, as they are booking well into 2012.
I know the Flatbread Company (which I think everyone calls Flatbread Pizza, even though it isn't really the name) holds benefit nights, as the New Hampshire Dietetic Association holds one yearly. I decide to call.
Once the perky young lass answers the phone, I explain my situation and seem already apologetic by saying to her, "and I'm sure you are probably already booked up."
"Well, today is your lucky day! Jan 19th we happen to have an opening as someone backed out." (mind you, I am thinking, "Who backs out of a fundraiser?!?")
"SOLD! I will take it!!!"
Miracles do happen. Of course, so do fires. I did find out today that there was a fire in the building on Saturday. According to the paper, they are to re-open this week. Let's hope my lucky streak continues.
As it stands, you should get your pizza loving family to Flatbread Company in Portsmouth on Jan 19th between 5 and 9pm and order pizza (take out counts!) No flyer needed, just come with your family and friends and have a good time. I'm going to be scrambling this week to get items to raffle to try to raise some more money as well. If you have anything to raffle-whether its an item or a service-please let me know!!
As always, I thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment