Sunday, January 10, 2010

Status Update

Let's see, now where were we?
Ability to stay on top of updating my blog: Very Bad
Ability to stay on top of the ever growing pile of laundry: Terrible
Ability to stick to my Boston Marathon training program: Excellent

At least I can do something right. And laundry gets done when I've exhausted my supply of sports bras. However, I have also been known to just go and buy more, because its easier.

Boy, lots has happened since my last post. I am officially running the Boston Marathon as part of the GoKids Boston group-aptly titled-the Motley Crew. I just finished week 6 of my 20 week training period and I haven't missed a run yet. I've also taken it up a notch, really adding hills into my training because I dont want to look like an asshat in Boston. I've named myself Hills Hetrick, in a poor, poor attempt to motivate myself to include hills in most workouts. So far, so good. I think this extra kick in the pants is what lead me to finishing a 10K that I ran on Jan 1st in 58 minutes, the first time I've ever cracked a hour.

I've been to 2 GoKids meeting so far and they have been great. Too bad my sense of direction isn't, causing me to be a half hour late to the first meeting. The first one focused on fundraising and this last one focused on injury prevention. I don't stretch, its a well known fact. But this meeting did sway me into buying a foam roller to help with injury prevention-almost like a self massage (dont be gross, get your head out of the gutter). My sciatica is thanking me for this purchase.

One of the most stress-inducing part of this process hasn't been the training. It has been the fundraising. I sent out a "hey I'm running the Boston Marathon, please oh please send me money" letter with my Christmas cards, and I was completely overwhelmed by the response. I raised over $1000 alone from just this (I have awesome friends and family). Ok, still have $2500 to go. I've got some ideas, but if anyone who reads this is a man (or woman) with a plan, I am all ears.

Other than that its sleep, eat, run, beg for money, repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment