Saturday, June 13, 2009

Market Square Day 10K

I ran the Market Square Day 10k in Portsmouth, NH for the second time. Last year, it was my first time running a 10k, and I was happy with my chip time of 1:02:07 . (I love races with starting and finishing mats.) This year, my goal was to complete it in under 1 hour. 10K's haven't been that plentiful in my racing career, so I had done only 2 others (Saunders and New Year's Day 10k's) since. Although I didn't meet my goal, I still set a new PR for a 10k at 1:00:48, which is a 9:48 mile.
Mental notes for next year-although hilly, always a straight away once you get up the hills, so you can always catch your breath. Also, once at the top of the last hill (where the Children's Museum was)-the finish is at the end of the downhill, so start to gun it once the hill is over.

Also, the second time this year I was bib #2-many people asked who I knew that helped me get that number. Just like to register early!

No comments:

Post a Comment